“A new recipe for our meat eaters! 🤩⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• 1/3 cup slivered almonds
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 2 thick slices of smoked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 1 small shallot, minced
• 1 cup quinoa rinsed (You can use our white quinoa or our Chili and Paprika for an extra spice)
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 1 sage sprig
• 1 tablespoon minced chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 1 chicken file cooked and sliced Salt and freshly ground white pepper⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the almonds in a pie plate and toast in the oven until golden brown, 4 minutes; let cool. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the bacon and cook over moderately high heat until the fat has rendered, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shallot and cook, stirring a few times, until softened but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, stock and sage and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the stock has been absorbed, about 17 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Discard the sage and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in the chives, parsley and toasted almonds.
- Add the cooked chicken file sliced in small bites Season the quinoa with salt and pepper and serve. ⠀